So first, what exactly is a Group Leader: This is the person (you and me) who is working with EF Tours to recruit, and prepare travelers for an international tour. The Group Leader can travel for free after they have 6 participants enrolled on their tour.
What does a Group Leader do? A group leader is responsible for doing the following:
- Officially set up a tour with EF Tours, by speaking with a representative from the company (Called a Tour Consultant)
- Advertise the tour, and recruit tour participants. Click here for more information.
- Hold a parent meeting to inform parents about the tour, and the specifics of travel with EF Tours. Click here for more information about the parent meeting.
- Make sure that potential travelers know how to enroll on your EF Tour.
- Answer student/parent questions about the tour or enrollment.
- Prepare your group to travel on your tour. Click here for lots of tips on how to do this.
- Communicate the needs of the group with EF Tours.
- Make sure that all travelers have a valid passport. Click here for help with that.
- Find appropriate chaperones to travel with your group.
- Collect tip money, ensure that the Tour Director and Bus Driver is tipped properly.
- Make sure all students are safe on tour.
That's it! I know that list may seem very long, but most of this stuff you will already naturally do. You are a teacher, who cares about their students, and wants them to have an experience that they will always remember. You can do it, and I can help! Use my website to get all the information you need to be a fantastic group leader. Stay tuned to my blog, and I will be discussing everything you need to know to be ready for your tour!
What do you love most about being a group leader? Comment below, I'd love to hear from you!