So, as not to keep you in suspense any longer: You can click here to see the live version of this form. No worries, it is a SAMPLE version, click away.
Here is a run-down of the questions I ask. Some of them are open-response, others are multiple choice, or an rating scale.
- Traveler Last Name
- Traveler First Name
- E-mail address
- Parent's email address
- Student Cell #
- Parent Cell #
- T-shirt Size
- Pasport Status
- Name (exactly as it appears on passport)
- Passport Expiration Date
- Country of Citizenship
- Check all of the following...about allergies, dietary issues, etc.
- Rooming Preference
- Travel Related Questions, check all that apply...I've never flown on a plane, I've never traveled by myself, etc.
- On a scale of 1-5 how do you feel about navigating a large airport?
- On a scale of 1-5 how do you feel about your physical abilities for a 12 day tour?
- Have you ever been to ta place where you didn't speak the language?
- What are you most looking forward to?
- What are you most nervous about?
- What questions do you have?
This is all great information to learn about our travelers, and handy to have for reference during the tour planning process. Just a note about the time line: For my tour in June, I sent this out the October prior (7 months prior), becuase I wanted to start gathering all of this information before our first meeting in January. It was really helpful to find out who had a passport, and who had not even applied.
Feel free to love it or lose it! Google forms is a great tool, if you don't have any experience with it, find someone on your campus who can help.
Do you have any suggestions for questions that I should add to my form? What would you want to know about your travelers? I'd love to hear your ideas, share them in the comments!